Our libraries are equipped with public access computer terminals, and other computer equipment. The number of terminals and equipment may vary at each library. Computer and Internet use is free for any patron or guest visiting any of our public libraries provided people have a valid library card and no fines.
Public Computers provide patrons access to:
- Internet Access
- Microsoft Office
- Open Office
- Laser and Colour Printing
- Document / Photo Scanners
- Wide range of general use applications
Province Wide Wireless Hotspot Network
With over 96 locations throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, we have created a free province wide wireless network. To access the service you must register for a free account. Once you have a free account, and you have validated it. You can use your account to access the internet through your laptop, ipod, ipad, or other mobil device.
You can access the internet as long as you are in range of one of our hotspots. For a listing of locations and service status, please visit http://wifi.nlpl.ca/
To utilize computer and internet services:
- Patrons must have a valid library card.
- Patrons must display their card at the workstation during their time slot.
- Patrons must sign up for a terminal at the library's circulation desk.
- Workstations are available for 30 minute slots up to a maximum 2 hours per day.
- Patrons are required to sign in for each 30 minute slot they use.
- If you are using one of our wireless hot spots you need to register for a free account.