Arabic/ اللغة العربية
- Information about the library in Arabic /معلومات حول المكتبة باللغة العربية.
- Information about the library in Arabic (For any Location) / معلومات عن المكتبة باللغة العربية (في أي مكان)
- Library books for children in Arabic / كُتب المكتبة للأطفال باللغة العربية.
- Information about the library in French / Information sur la bibliothèque en français
- Library books for children in French / Livres pour enfants en français
- Information about the library in Japanese/ 日本語 での 図書館情報
- Library books for children in Japanese / 日本語の児童図書
- Information about the library in Tagalog / Mga impormasyon tungkol sa sild-aklatan sa wikang Tagalog
- Library books for children in Tagalog / Mga aklat pambata sa wilkang Tagalog
- Information about the Library in Hindi / हिंदी में लाइब्रेरी के बारे में जानकारी
- Library books for children in Hindi / हिंदी में बच्चों के लिए पुस्तकालय की पुस्तकों
- Information about the Library in Urdu / اردو میں لائبریری کے بارے میں معلومات
- Library books for children in Urdu / اردو میں بچوں کے لیے کتب خانے کی کتابیں
- Information about the Library in Russian / Информация о библиотеке на русском языке
- Library books for children in Russian / Библиотека книг для детей на русском языке
- Information about the Library in Spanish / Información sobre la Biblioteca en español
- Library books for children in Spanish / libros de la biblioteca para niños en español
Did you know we have electronic "pens" called PENpals that will read our multilingual books out loud in several languages? Drop by the AC Hunter Children's Library to learn how to use them. For use in the library only.
Searching for Children's Books by Language
To search for children’s books in other languages, enter “juvenile language” plus the name of the language into a SUBJECT KEYWORD search in our online catalogue.
List of languages for which there are children’s picture books available. Most multilingual materials are located at the AC Hunter Library in St. John’s, but can be delivered to any library in Newfoundland and Labrador via Inter-Library Loan. Ask your local library for details.
These resources are the result of The Welcome Project, a community consultation project aimed at making our libraries more welcoming for newcomers. The top priorities identified by our community participants were: translation of library materials into the languages most spoken in our province, purchase of multilingual picture books for children, and outreach visits. Thank you to all the participants who took part in our consultations and help identify these first steps. This project, including translation of pamphlets and purchase of multilingual children’s books in 47 languages, was made possible with generous support from:
- St. John's Local Immigration Partnership
- City of St. John's
- Cities For People (an initiative of the J.W. McConnell Family Foundation in partnership with Municipalities) Newfoundland and Labrador